Wednesday 16 February 2011

12 October 2001

The climate was much cooler in the mountains and I was asleep in a room with no windows so didn't notice how late in the morning it was until I wandered out to see what all the noise was.

Took a local bus to Tapah where I decided to try and find the cheapest bus available going to Kuala Lumpar. the road down was long and winding down an alomsot endless jungle valley but it wasn't until I stepped out of the aircon bus in Tapah I realised the mountain climate was gone and I was back in the tropics.

KL turned out to be a modern city, like London but with more women in headscarves. After the usual hastle from touts I found a hotel several floors up in a modern block and spent the evening watching English language films on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment