Saturday 26 November 2011

Bern

Last night I met up with some locals, one of who I knew from Austria so I didn't get to bed till nearly three and gave up on the idea of going to Interlaken in the morning. Instead I explored the historic centre of Bern
and looked at the old town hall or Rathaus and the Munster cathedral.
The cathedral seemed rather plain after Italy but did have some nice old seats with coats of arms on.

I then went over to the Kunstmuseum which had exhibitions on the history of Switzerland and the life of Albert Einstein where I learnt that Albert was excused from military service on the groubds of sweaty feet.
In the afternoon I found a viewing tower on a local hill from which there were views down to the the city, surprisingly small for a capital and across to the high mountains.





No comments:

Post a Comment